The eGovernment Agency operates under the objectives outlined in the National Data Management Authority Act (1983). The objectives encompass the:
- Development of ICT systems to satisfy Public Sector information needs.
- Establishment of guidelines for the Public Sector for the recruitment, remuneration and general conditions of service of ICT personnel.
- Development of training programmes in order to ensure that adequately trained personnel are available for the efficient operation of ICT systems.
- Authorisation of the acquisition of all hardware and software for the Public Sector.
- Establishment and maintenance of reliable communication linkages in the Public Sector in order to achieve optimal utilisation and deployment of ICT resources.