About The E Government Agency
The Government of Guyana is committed to improving the quality of life for all citizens and the overall development of the country as a whole. To this end, ICT has been identified as a key pillar of His Excellency David Granger led Administration’s national development and governance strategy. A whole-of-government approach has been adopted to ensure that the collaborative efforts of Ministries and Agencies achieve the shared vision of creating a digitally inclusive and accessible government.
The eGovernment Agency within the Ministry of Public Telecommunications (MoPT) is a key driver in the delivery of greater quality and efficiency of public services. The Agency, therefore, is key to realizing modernization in the public sector, and development of a digital knowledge-based Society.
The ICT whole-of-government approach is manifested in helping communities thrive through digital access; especially those that are poor, remote and socially excluded.
- the development and provisioning of online government services to the citizens and businesses. eGovernment therefore, represents a vital approach in addressing Public Sector efficiency and achieving whole-of-government collaboration in accelerating development and enhancing security nationally.
- the application of information and communication technology (ICT) for delivering government services, exchange of information communication transactions, integration of various stand-alone systems and services between government-to-customer (G2C), government-to-business (G2B), government to employees (G2E) and government to government (G2G)
To be the ICT vanguard that enables equitable digital citizenship for all Guyanese.
Our mission is to develop and implement appropriate ICT solutions that will transform the delivery of Government services.
The benefits of eGovernment Agency
Improved Private Sector efficiency; the convenience and effectiveness in which they deliver services to their customers. Through the bridging of the digital divide, access to government services across the regions will be made easier. IT projects will also cost less within the Public Sector, with the timely implementation of these projects and more technological value for those that they intend to serve. And also afford citizens a competitive edge in regional and international business.
The general objectives of the e-Government Agency are as follows: To improve delivery of Government services to the citizenry through the efficient use of Information and Communications Technologies (ICTs). To reduce digital inequality by providing access to ICTs in poor and remote communities across Guyana. To improve interoperability among Ministries, Government Agencies and Commissions. To harmonize Government ICT operations, maintenance, training, procurement and human resources to improve capabilities and capacities which will result in higher efficiency and cost savings.
- Corporate Integrity
- Corporate Loyalty
- Agile Service
The Agency comprises six(6) main Departments under the purview of the Presidential Advisor on e-Government:
- CEO Secretariat (inclusive Audit, Operations Research, Public Relations and Customer Relations)
- Policy and Training
- Finance and Administrative Services Department (inclusive of Human Resources, Procurement, Inventory, Accounts and the Administrative Department)
- Enterprise Solutions
- Programme Management and Community Development